Baby monitors are extremely important for twin moms. They help you monitor your two little angels when you are not in the same room as them, allowing you to see and hear what they are up to.
But what are the best baby monitors for twins in 2023? We have gone the extra mile and identified and reviewed the top baby monitors for twins so that you don’t sweat it out, whether you are just green about baby monitors or you are that busy mom who doesn’t have the luxury of time.
Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor
Lefun Wireless Wifi Baby Monitor
VTech DM221 Audio Baby Monitor
Arlo Smart Wifi Baby Monitor W/ 2-Way Audio & Night Light
Best Baby Monitors for Twins in 2023
Now, let’s get to the list of 5 best baby monitors for twins in 2023 that we have analyzed and approved. These items have been assessed based on functionality, price, performance, durability, quality, and user recommendations.
#1 Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor
This baby monitor is more like a ‘robot’ monitor giving you the ability to get a panoramic view of your babies’ nursery and is also adjustable to cover both vertical and horizontal views.
The DXR-8 packs together LED sensors in its camera which provides great views even at night, projected onto its 3.5-inch LCD monitor which gives crystal clear images.
The DXR-8 uses 2.4GHz FHSS wireless transmissions which is secure and fast. The camera numbers are also expandable up to 4 cameras which means you have a chance to get enough coverage even in very large nursery rooms.
It also has a temperature sensor for measuring the room temperatures.
- Works perfectly fine, just like a professional camera
- The design is sleek, compact and packs together sound-activated lights as well as a retractable antenna.
- Of course, it’s a plug and play device. You don’t have to sweat to set it up.
- Not so much to regret about this product but the ‘OK’ button is not centrally placed and is rather set at the top right corner.
- Low battery alert sound can be unnecessarily loud
#2 Lefun Wireless Wifi Baby Monitor W/ Two Way Audio & Pan Tilt Zoom
The Lefun’s model comes packed with a WiFi-enabled feature that allows you to connect it to your PC, tablet or phone from any location you find yourself at.
An inbuilt two-way audio system makes it possible to listen and talk to your twins even when you are not around them.
A recording feature is also added in the monitor’s design that is very handy whenever you need to record and share your twins’ moments.
To add to these rich features, a remarkable set of IR LED lights coupled with intelligent motion sensors have been added for maximum ease while monitoring your twins.
- Setting up the monitor doesn’t require additional wiring as it’s a plug and play device having a 2.4GHz wifi module which allows for seamless connection to your smart devices
- The display has a clear HD view adding to the two-way audio feature
- The monitor’s night vision is one of the best in the market and has excellent motion detection features.
- The local storage’s capacity is up to128GB with an additional option of cloud service
- You can use it via remote monitoring from any location
- The monitor’s pan rotation covers up to 350° and 100° tilt
- Your data is safe while using this monitor as it features a remarkable financial encryption security technology.
- Maybe underutilized in case of moms using a single room
#3 Arlo Smart Wifi Baby Monitor W/ 2-Way Audio & Night Light
But, that’s not all.
The ability to customize this unit to match your twins’ nursery décor is just so amazing.
The monitor’s interchangeable characters like the greeny bunny, add the fun your twins are looking for in their nurseries.
The monitor’s powerful camera captures video of the 1080P HD quality matched to a high definition sound system both at the built-in mic and speaker.
The Arlo smart Wifi monitor is extremely famous because of its flexibility which makes it very portable. The battery is also rechargeable and convenient for outdoors.
- The technology behind the monitor makes it compatible with most smart home tech gadgets like Alexa, Apple Home Kit, and Google Assistant.
- The video quality is top-notch, recorded at 1080P together with a 2-way high-quality wireless talk system.
- The monitor has an advanced night vision making it possible to monitor your twins even in the dark.
- Setup is very easy
- Doesn’t allow you to play music from your own library
- Doesn’t allow pan and tilt
#4 VTech DM221 Audio Baby Monitor
This monitor uses the DECT 6.0 technology that provides topnotch clarity in audio transmission which limits the interruption of white noise as in most analog monitors.
An additional 5-level sound indicator has been added into its design, which is a series of bars on the parent unit which indicates the sound level in your twins’ rooms.
The levels are particularly important when using the monitor in mute mode.
A two-way audio system allows you to talk to your twins and listen back at the same time. The monitor also has a rechargeable battery lasting up to 18 hours which is one of the best in its class.
The unit is also flexible and can be detached, with the parent unit portable everywhere you go and the baby unit intact in the baby’s room.
- Rechargeable battery with up to 18 hours makes the monitor one of the best in the market
- Addition sound levels make it possible to use the monitor in mute mode
- Two-way audio system allows the twin moms to talk and listen to the babies all at the same time
- The parent unit is detachable and thus can be carried everywhere.
- Set up is easy
- The display is somewhere from the past ages (doesn’t look too nice)
With this list, you may be wondering what to look out for while purchasing a baby monitor.
What to look for in a baby monitor
- Range – how far are from the monitor are you able to still use it effectively
- Interference and Sensitivity/ DECT Technology– DECT Technology deters interference from other smart/analog devices around
- Battery Operation– go for battery-operated monitors
- Night Vision Video Technology/ Infrared Camera
- Multi-Cam Support– the more cameras, the better for you
- Two-way Communication so you can talk and listen to your babies from any location
Benefits of baby monitors for twins
Before we get to the list, here’s why baby monitors are essential in helping you take good care of your little angels.
- You don’t have to carry your babies to all rooms when you are attending to one of them. You can safely leave one of the babies in one room as you attend to the other in the other room and still monitor his or her escapades.
- Baby monitors help you track your twins’ sleep so you can know how much they spend playing and sleeping.
- You can monitor your kids even when you are not at home especially if you have the wifi-enabled monitors. While at work or on the go and your twins are at home, you can simply log in to your smartphone and see how are doing.
- Every mom’s dream is to be able to capture every precious moment of their little one’s life. Some select baby monitors will give you exactly that – the ability to record such moments and share them with other family members.
- If any of the twins has a health challenge, baby monitors come in handy to help you monitor and keep records of any worrying visual signs. This is particularly important if your baby suffers from asthma or epilepsy.
Frequently asked questions about baby monitors
What are the best baby monitors?
Baby monitors are chosen based on many factors like the ones highlighted above. However, you’ll first need to weigh your needs versus the product you are looking for.
Are Wifi baby monitors safe?
Yes and no. As always, cheap is expensive which means cheap monitors with cheap software and tech may be easily compromised, putting your twins’ data at risk.
The more expensive ones with high-tech software may not be easily hacked or compromised.
Can I use two baby monitors at once?
Why should you? Unless one is not enough, get a more versatile one and save your coins for more diapers 😊.
Can non-wifi baby monitors be hacked?
Almost all internet-enabled gadgets can be hacked but even non-wifi monitors can be hacked if you share or carelessly handle your passwords.
Do baby monitors have radiation?
It’s been noted that monitors with oxygen trackers have some radiation.
Some of the motion sensors also release some radiations but with the advancement in technology, most of these monitors have been updated to harmless levels of radiation (if any).
So, which baby monitor for twins wins the contest?
And the winner is… Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor. It’s without a doubt the best baby monitor for twins in 2023. However, if you’re on a tight budget, you might want to go for Lefun Wireless Baby Monitor instead.
Baby monitors are a blessing in this century as they help us keep our babies monitored. Choosing the best baby monitor for twins 2020 shouldn’t be a painful exercise. We do hope this list will help you make an informed decision.