Cleaning baby bottles is as critical as deciding what your baby eats. Using the wrong soap could put your baby at risk of ingesting dangerous chemicals.
Here is our list of top five of the best dish soap for baby bottles 2022 so you don’t have to struggle to make a choice.
Babyganics Foaming Dish and Bottle Soap
ATTITUDE Baby Bottle & Dishwashing Soap, EcoLogo Certified
Berkley Green Baby Natural Non-Toxic Dish & Bottle Soap
Dr. Bronner's - Pure-Castile Liquid Soap
Puracy Natural Liquid Dish Soap
Best Baby Bottle & Dish Soap 2022
#1 Babyganics Foaming Dish and Bottle Liquid Soap
If anything is interesting about this baby bottle soap, then it has to be the fact that it is made using plant-based ingredients which means it’s safe for use with not only baby bottles and dishes but also other baby items such as teethers.
Just a few drops in water and there you have it – instant, enough foam for your washing. Rinsing is easy which means you use less water with no residues left behind.
This baby bottle soap is clinically proven to be safe and is recommended by different pediatricians and dermatologists for use with all baby bottles and products.
Babyganics usually deploy a foaming technology that comprises dual cleaning agents thus saving you time while cleaning your baby’s bottles and dishes.
This Babyganics’s soap for baby bottles and dishes is also safe for regular use.
The chemical composition is amazing and because it’s a liquid soap, it’s more preferred compared to solid bars. There are no phthalates, phosphates, synthetic fragrances or dyes used in its formulation.
- Plant-based formulation thus safe for use with baby’s bottles and dishes
- Comes in a pump bottle for easy handing
- Boasts of plant-derived cleaning power with no added phosphates, synthetic fragrances, dyes or additional flavors.
- It’s liquid-based thus easy to handle
- May be pricey among its competitors but very effective
- Usage among animals is not guaranteed
- Only comes in bottles of 473ml or 16 FL OZ, no smaller units
#2 ATTITUDE Baby Bottle and Dishwashing Soap, EcoLogo Certified
Because of this, a decent and effective baby soap should eradicate germs, milk residues, grease and odors from a baby’s bottle without leaving behind any traces that could affect the baby.
This is where Attitude’s baby bottle and dish liquid soap excels most. It’s able to get rid of milk residue, odors, and grease from the baby’s bottle or dish leaving behind no trace of it having been used.
This soap is made using ATTITUDE’s Nature + TechnologyTM producing a purely effective, safe and hypoallergenic, fragrance-free product.
This soap is also EcoLogo certified and is safe for regular use in cleaning all baby bottles and dishes.
- Is free from Sodium Laureth Sulfate which is a cancer-causing compound
- Made with hypoallergenic and natural ingredients, and has saponin which is one of the most effective cleaning agents
- Is ECOLOGO® certified which means it’s safe for the environment
- PETA certified, therefore, has no animal-derived ingredients
- Has been graded ‘A’ on EWG’s guide to healthy cleaning
- It’s not the most affordable but very effective
- Smaller units may not be readily available, only the 700ml is common (23.7 FL OZ)
#3 Berkley Green Baby Natural Non -Toxic Baby Dish & Bottle Soap (liquid)
The makers say it’s as pure as your love for your baby and is justifiably so as it does not contain any artificial fillers that would otherwise make it appear thick, prompting the illusion that it’s more concentrated than it is.
Most soap makers fall into this trap of adding fillers to make their soaps more concentrated, thus cheating their customers.
The Berkley Green Baby soap is also made of plant extracts and contains no hidden harsh chemicals that would damage your baby’s skin or mouth when it encounters bottles cleaned using the soap.
Although there are both scented and non-scented versions of the soap, the scented ones remain as mild as possible to minimize overpowering.
Furthermore, the scented versions also contain just natural extracts and not chemicals producing the scent.
The soap is as effective as it’s being marketed and leaves no residues when used in cleaning baby’s bottles or dishes. It doesn’t produce any irritations and is tested by pediatricians and approved as safe for both the parent and baby.
- Contains superior plant-based cleaning formula that’s effective and mild on the user
- Removes residues of breast milk, food, and greasy messes
- This product is biodegradable, cruelty-free, gluten-free, biocompatible, vegan and GMO-free
- EPA certified as safe for usage
- Comes in a pack of 3 bottles which is a good option over the others
- Contains SLS (Sodium Laureth Sulfate)
- Slightly pricey
#4 Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Liquid Soap
It consists of 9 ingredients creatively formulated to make a soap that is sure to burst nasty stains on your baby’s dishes or bottles without leaving any annoying residues or produce irritations on your hands.
Dr. Bronner’s baby soap is fronted as one of the best soaps for sensitive skin and does well when used in other areas like dealing with eczema because of its plant-derived ingredients.
The soap also boasts of having no unpleasant chemicals that would otherwise irritate the skin or even allergens that normally cause exacerbating conditions such as psoriasis.
Another reason why this is a go-to for many moms is that it’s multipurpose in usage and can be applied while wiping surfaces, washing your baby’s hair or even cleaning laundry when diluted a bit more.
Lastly, Dr. Bronner’s soap is biodegradable, effective, concentrated and is packed in a 100% recyclable bottle.
- Suits babies with sensitive skins
- Multipurpose and may be used in more than cleaning baby’s accessories
- The soap is purely organic and certified as having fair trade ingredients
- Is truly reliable and can be trusted to do a good cleaning job with no residues or irritations to the skin
- Necessitates dilution by hand which sounds more like added work
#5 Puracy Natural Liquid Dish Soap
They actually called it the ‘best baby bottle and dish soap you can buy.’
The Puracy Natural liquid soap combines a modern formulation that makes it one of the most effective sulfate-free soap for your baby’s dishes and feeding bottles.
It does not produce any irritations to the skin as do most common shampoos and comes in bottles of 16 ounces and 64 ounces.
The creators cleverly added green tea and lime extracts giving it a more natural organic smell.
And if you are concerned about hard water, it will surely not disappoint. The soap leaves behind no residues and rinses easily and won’t make your hands fell gritty after use. Its organic nature makes it friendly to your septic systems or greywater.
- Has green tea and lime for a fresh scent and makes it friendly to septic systems or greywater
- Fairly priced given its abilities
- The soap is sulfate-free and thus safe for your baby and hands
- Superior cleaning power that leaves a lasting impression and feel
- The bottle does not have a handle for easy handling
Can I Use Regular Dish Soap To Clean Baby Bottles?
The best advice is that you shouldn’t because regular baby dishwashing soaps contain harsh chemicals and harmful ingredients that are likely to leave traces or residues on your baby’s bottles, all becoming a health hazard to your baby.
Most dishwashing soaps contain fragrance and when these ingredients remain on the bottles after washing and rinsing, your baby will likely ingest them and is likely to develop health complications over time.
Is Palmolive Pure and clear baby bottles soap safe?
Yes, it is and can even be used in cleaning other baby accessories like toys and teethers. It’s gentle and removes residual milk on the bottles as well as grease, and odors that occur in baby bottles.
It is phosphate-free and is hypoallergenic.
Can you clean baby bottles with just hot water?
Hot water is only effective when combined with soap otherwise it may not get rid of all the dirt or greasy messes on the baby’s bottles.
Also, hot water will surely kill any living microorganisms in and on the bottle but any feeding that has greasy messes won’t be cleaned properly with just hot water.
Your baby’s bottles ought to be cleaned properly and it’s only the right soap that will guarantee utmost cleaning. Soaps such as Babyganics Foaming dish soap or Attitude’s Baby Bottle and Dishwashing Soap have a unique formulation that will ensure you get value for your money.
Enjoy learning more from our list of 5 best dish soap for baby bottles 2022 to make an informed decision before putting your baby at risk with chemical-ridden soaps.